How to Choose the Right Pool Table for Your Needs
Image: Jack Daniels by: Olhausen
Everyone enjoys a game of pool, yet not all can afford a pool or billiard table. Hence, thorough research prior to making a purchase is crucial. Take into account your budget, seek a trustworthy dealer, and evaluate aspects like the table’s size, type, material quality, and cost.
Here are some guidelines to assist you in selecting the ideal pool table for your requirements:
Measure your space.
- Pool tables come in a variety of sizes, so you need to make sure you have enough room for the table and for players to move around comfortably. A regulation-size pool table is 8 feet by 4 feet, but there are also smaller and larger tables available. Be sure to allow at least 5 feet of space around the table on all sides to accommodate players and cues.
Consider the type of table.
- There are two main types of pool tables: slate and composite. Slate tables are the highest quality and most durable, but they are also the most expensive. Composite tables are less expensive, but they are also less durable and may not play as well as slate tables.
Inspect the quality.
When inspecting a pool table, look for the following:
- A sturdy frame. The frame of the table should be made of solid wood and should be well-constructed
- A level slate bed. The slate bed should be level and should not have any cracks or chips with best pool table felts.
- High-quality cushions. The cushions should be made of durable material and should be firmly attached to the table.
- A smooth playing surface. The felt on the playing surface should be smooth and free of wrinkles.
Set a budget.
- Pool tables can range in price from a few thousand dollars to several thousand dollars. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t overspend.
Ask about warranties.
- Most pool tables come with a warranty, but the length of the warranty varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Be sure to ask about the warranty before you make a purchase.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, read reviews of different pool tables to see what other people have to say. This can help you make a more informed decision about which table is right for you
Buying a pool table is not easy, but it’s also fun. By following these tips, you can choose the right billiard table for your needs and budget. Premium Spas & Billiards only sells the highest quality slate pool tables by Olhausen (made in the USA) & Presidental (high quality & great value).
Visit ShopPSB for hot tub and pool table HOT DEALS